Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Talented Friends

We've gotten a ton of amazing gifts from our friends and family. All of our everyday things, like sheets and dishes and pots and pans, I think pretty much everything we registered for! I'm going to send everyone postcards on our trip thanking them. We also received lots of fancy platters and bowls for entertaining. When we get back from the honeymoon, I want to have a dinner party and use all of our new things!

We've also gotten quite a few presents related to our Route 66 trip - books, t-shirts, hats, snacks, games - all great ideas. I wanted to share a couple of Route 66 related gifts that our talented friends made for us.

This one is a painting done by Nancy Cashman - it's hard to see, but she cut up pictures from a Route 66 book and maps and worked them into the edges. I love the colors and movement - it's going to be such a great reminder of our trip.



We also got this tool bag from Nate van Hofwegen. It fits inside the spare tire and we can keep all of the necessities for working on a 46' Chevy inside. Hopefully, we don't have to use these too often. My photography skills don't do it justice.


We did a gift opening brunch at my mom's house on Sunday with our families and the only awkward moment came opening a present from my friend Kelly Young. She missed my bachelorette party and brought her gift to the wedding instead - the book "101 Tips for GRRRRRRReaat Sex". We'll be bringing that one on our trip too...

3 comments:

Nancy Jane said...

Hi guys! Awesome pictures, you guys and Motor look fabulous. Thanks for such a great party at the Zoo. Good luck travelling and lookin forward to hearing about your journeys. I vote YES to a dinner party utilizing your new stuff when you return in October. Good luck dudes, love NJC

bananafish said...

Hope the trip is going great, I will love seeing your progress on your trip. This blog is a great idea. Nancy's painting is so cool--leave it to her to come up with such an awesome gift! Miss you, Nay

Unknown said...

Oopsy!! I didn't even think about the gift opening!! Hee Hee sorry about that!